Friday, 23 October 2009

Autumn Leaves

I couldn't let Autumn pass by without making a single card to celebrate the season. My craft room is still packed full of my daughters rubbish, sorry that should have been treasured possessions from when I decorated her room. The bedroom has now been completed and Katie has moved back in but she, sorry that should have been I have the task of sorting it all out and hopefully getting rid of some of the rubbish, sorry, treasured possessions.
So with all that taken into account , I don't have access to much of my craft things or space come to that so this card is not very technical at all..... Just a glimmer misted background which has been stamped on with leaves and swirls. The right hand edges have been decorated using a Martha Stewart punch, the three main leaves were stamped onto the glimmer misted paper, cut out and then sprayed with clear varnish and the base card along with the decorative strip of paper has been coloured using orange and brown distress ink and there you have it.

Monday, 19 October 2009

I Give Up!

Not me but my daughter trying to do her art homework yesterday. She was set the task of recreating a MC Escher piece of art. She had created a masterpiece last week but apparently her mean art teacher said it wasn't a patterned MC Escher piece, so she was set the task again! Katie finds drawing hard and after struggling for what seemed like ages she finally gave up and slid under the table to escape! Lol.
Sorry I haven't got any craft to share just yet as I have been decorating Katie's bedroom and it is finally finished, hoo flaming hooray, so hopefully we can get the house straight and normal service will be resumed pronto!

Saturday, 10 October 2009

Flower Canvas

Hi all, hope your weekend is going well. This week I have been experimenting with canvas painting. This is my second attempt as the first fell by the wayside. I am reasonabley pleased with my efforts and appart from drying time it was quite quick to do. I started off painting the canvas with a cream emulsion paint as I had it lying around in one of those little tester pots. Whilst the paint was still wet I worked in the green acrylic paint. When dry I glued the script backing paper to the canvas using a mixture of water and PVA glue. When this was dry I added the light brown acrylic paint and then created the swirls with a pearl bronze pen.
The flowers have been punched from Grunge Paper, then sprayed with glimmer mists before being over stamped using a Tim Holtz background stamp. The flowers were then assembled and glued to the canvas using silicone.

The bird is a Tim Holtz, Grunge Board die cut which I have inked using glimmer mists and various ink pads. It has then been overstamped using a Tim Holtz dotty background stamp along with a Kars swirl stamp. I then partly embossed the bird using a Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder. The bird has been glued to the canvas using silicone.
Thats all folks, bye for now.

Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Birthday Girl

This card was made with minutes to spare. My daughter came home yesterday and said she needed a card by Tuesday (today) for her friend.....aaahhh! Didn't have time to do anything yesterday so earlier today I headed straight for my Stamp Addict's Girls stamps and trusty Cricut machine and came up with this. The green frame, sentiment, circle, flower and numbers have all been cut using George and Stretch Your Imagination cartridges. The stamped image has been coloured using Promarkers, the background has been made by dragging dusty concorde and peeled paint distress ink pads across the base card in opposite directions to each other to create a kind of wild tartan pattern. As you can see distress ink has been applied to most bits of the card. I can't seem to make a card without applying even just the smallest bit of distress ink in some way:)

Saturday, 3 October 2009

Magenta Flower

Hi all, the card I have for you today is made using a Magenta Rubber stamp that I have had for a couple of years. I was trawling through the box where most of my wood mounted stamps are kept, came across this and decided to give it another whirl using Pro-Markers to colour it in. This was a really speedy card to make. The base card has been stamped in green Brilliance, using a flourish stamp from Kars, then an aubergine coloured card was added before mounting the white square card that has again been stamped like the base card. The flower has been split into three layers although it could easily have been more and glued using silicone.