Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Chocolate Baroque Rose Frame

Afternoon all. Just remembered that I had not added this up-cycled picture frame that I created using Chocolate Baroque's Punky Heart stamp set. This was my first post as the January guest designer.

  • I used a melt pot to pour UTEE over the frame before stamping into it with the swirly heart and the cluster of hearts stamps. If you don't have a melt pot then embossing powder heated using a heat gun straight onto the picture frame would work just as well. 
  • In between the embossed areas I added coloured micro beads glued into place with Glossy Accents along with brown jute that I coloured with an alcohol pen. 
  • I stamped the clockwork heart into black Cloud Clay and when it was dry I wiped over DecoArt Metallic Lustre in gold and attached to the frame with silicon glue.
  • The picture was stamped and coloured with watercolour pencils and when it was dry I went over it with a couple of coats of Colourcraft Acrylic Wax. When that was dry I gave it a buff with an old cloth which I think has given it a softer look.
Thanks for looking and I will be back very soon with some more creations.

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Balloon Frame

Hello lovely people, today I thought I would share what I made for my guest designer post over on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog. You can find the details of how I made it here, but basically it is an up-cycled picture frame and the stamps I used were from the Punk Hearts and Fluttering Hearts stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque.
Thanks for looking.

Friday, 6 February 2015

Musical Canvas

Hello and thanks for stopping by. I have another mini canvas to share today that I made using the Musical Fanfare stamp set from Chocolate Baroque.
I started off by stamping the cello image onto tissue paper and then sticking it to the canvas with matt Mod Podge. I then smeared Molding Paste around the stamped image and whilst it was still wet I stuck lace, seed beads, buttons and flowers into it. When it was dry I painted over it with cream and gold acrylic paints. I also added Peacock Feathers Distress Stains as well as the Picket Fence stain around the edges. I cut a treble clef on my scan n cut and stamped the musical heart stamp over it, coloured with dried marigold distress ink and then glued to the canvas. I also stamped the heart onto tissue and then glued it to the canvas before covering with Matt Accents.
A few of the flowers from the main stamped image have been decoupaged and glittered and gold gilding wax has been dabbed here and there.
Thanks for the visit.