Tuesday, 31 March 2009

More Crafter's Kitchen flowers

I really love the flowers that Jak Heath from Crafter's Kitchen has been giving away on her blog. Here is another card I have made using them. I don't usually get involved with decoupage sheets but these are different as you still have control over the design of your card. It's really an aid to making your own embellishments.
I sponged brick red and milled lavender distress ink around the edges of the base card and stamped the swirl from Hero Arts using the milled lavender ink. The backing paper is a Crafters Kitchen download which I have just sponged with the inks as before. I do not know who makes the border punch that I used as there is no note of it on the machine. The flowers and leaves have been layered up using silicone glue and distress ink dabbed onto them. Peeled paint for the leaves, brick red, milled lavender and distressed paper for the flowers. The buttons sewn onto the border are from Paper Mania. The greeting stamped onto the border is from one of the new teddy bear stamps sets from DO Crafts.

Thursday, 26 March 2009

Crafters Kitchen Flowers

I made this card using one of the fabulous downloads from Jak Heath's, Crafters Kitchen blog. The flowers are all on the same sheet and I simply cut them out and layered them up with silicone. I made the background card by brayering beige Brilliance ink to one side of the card and then sponging some lilac chalk ink to the opposite side. The swirls have been stamped with a clear stamp from Hero Arts and the ink used is Dusty Concord from the distress ink range. I also stamped onto the lighter part of the card using the beige Brilliance.

Monday, 23 March 2009

Mother's Day

For Mother's day yesterday I made these for both my mum and mum-in-law. The MUM card was made using the Cricut design studio and just decorated with flowers and ribbon. The paper mache boxes were painted with watered down PVA glue and then painted with acrylic paint. The flower design is a tissue napkin that has been glued on with the PVA glue. I can't remember where I saw the tip about covering paper mache boxes with PVA before painting, but it's a really good tip as it stops the box absorbing the paint and expanding so the lid no longer fits.

Blog Candy

Wow , Jak Heath is giving away some fabulous blog candy. She also has so gorgous downloads, go take a look at her Crafters Kitchen blog

Sunday, 15 March 2009

Graphicus, March Challenge

Good morning everyone, it's lovely and sunny with a perfect blue sky here today, so I thought I would post my Graphicus Challenge as it is a nice sunny yellow inspired piece. Glenda set the March challenge as the colour yellow and the title Song. Mmm I thought..... what could I do to incorporate both of these elements and use Elusive Images stamps. Well I came up with this creation, when you see the title you will probably think Cheesy! but I couldn't stop humming the tune!

I started off with an A5 canvas board and spritzed it with yellow and orange glimmer mists (sorry can't remember the exact colour names), then I stamped the corner swirl and daisy collage stamp onto white tissue paper using light brown staz-on, which I then glued onto the canvas with watered down PVA glue. When dry I sponged the edges with yellow acrylic paint. I found a brass stencil in my stash that had a similar pattern to the Elusive Image corner stamp so used in the opposite corner with snow tex paste. When this was dry I dabbed it with the yellow acrylic paint. The butterfly has been made by stamping the butterfly stamp into green hearty clay and cutting out. when it was dry I dabbed yellow glimmer mist over the surface and attached wire and beads as the antenna. It was attached to the canvas with silicone glue. The title was stamped with an alphabet set in black staz-on. The holes at the top and bottom of the canvas was made using a Crop A dile and the beads threaded onto beading wire. To finish off two paper sunflowers were added using silicone glue. Voila!

Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Hydrangea Card

I used this Brick and Teal combination on a recent Graphicus Challenge and really liked the colours together so decided to use it again for a friend's birthday card. I chose the Hydrangea script stamp from Elusive Images. The image has been stamped with fired brick distress ink and edged with Teal Staz-On. The back ground has been coloured with a baby wipe which had been dabbed with the Teal and Fired Brick ink and swiped across the card. The cheat bow has been made by sticking 3 loops of the ribbon together. The greeting is just a rub on which I haved added straight to the ribbon.

Thursday, 5 March 2009

Cricut Creation

It's my husband's cousin's 50th birthday on Saturday so thought I would have ago at making her a card. I decided to use my cricut design studio as it hasn't had an airing lately and came up with this orangey design. Not sure I like it and even less sure the recipient will but hey ho the thought was there! Before putting the shapes together on the card I sprayed them with glimmer mists to add a bit of interest and threaded some beads onto some wire to finish off the design.