Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Good evening reader, the card I have to show is made with all unmounted stamps from Stamp Addicts. The script stamp has to be one of my favourites as it is so versatile. I have gold embossed it onto black card, for the background to this card and the "tiles" have been created from grungeboard that has been painted with acrylic paint before being stamped with the 3 ladies. I have then overstamped the tiles with the background stamp that makes it looked like a piece of cracked crockery. I love this effect but it is so easy to do. I punched the holes before clear embossing. The butterflies have been gold embossed onto pale lilac card before being cut out and mounted using pinflair gel. The card was finished off with a few beads strung on gold cord and threaded through the tiles and wound around the flower brads that are at either side of the tiles.
There you have it, my fourth post in four days, not sure how long I can keep this up.....

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Vintage Music

Evening bloggers, yes I have just managed to scrape in with a 3rd post in 3 days, really unheard of, must have had too much sun.
The stamps used are all from the same unmounted music set from Stamp Addicts. The base card was stamped with the violins which I coloured with promarkers and then masked before the sheet music was stamped using a black memento ink pad and then aged with distress ink. The top panel has also been created using the masking technique but instead of stamping the sheet music in black I have used a pale blue instead. Not sure who the musical gent is meant to be as I am not into music from this era, perhaps someone could let me know.......

Monday, 25 April 2011

Wow two posts in two days, I think I need a sit down! This card was made using a set of unmounted stamps from Stamp Addicts. They have now started to produce a whole host of unmounted stamp designs which I love so more expense.....oh dear!
I began by stamping the base card with the sketchy ladies face design then I stamped the main image on separate card using a memento ink pad and coloured with watercolour before I cut out using an oval Sizzix die. I left the cut card in place whilst I stamped the flower stamp around the edge of the oval using a blue memento ink pad. The panel was then then mounted onto the base card using pinflair gel and the surrounding card was cut to size before attaching to the card with double sided tape . The flowers were cut on the Cricut using the Mother's day cartridge and then glued into place using the pinflair gel. To finish off, the centres of all the flowers have been given some sparkle from stickles and there you have the finished card.

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone, hope you are all enjoying the lovely weekend. I have neglected my blog for a couple of weeks as I have been decorating the dining room and then it was the school holidays so no time for crafting!
I made this card for my mother in law using the HobbyArt stamps and thencoloured with promarkers. The eggs were from an Elusive Image set. I stamped the base egg in a pale blue and then overstamped it with the speckled egg using a brown dye ink. I had a spare 15 minutes this afternoon and that is how long this card took to make so simple pimple!

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Woodland Canvas

Hello, hope everyone is ok. I made this canvas at the weekend using a mixture of stamps from Chocolate Baroque and Inkadinkadoo. I started off by painting the canvas with a green acrylic paint and then toned it down with a pale pink. I stamped the images on white tissue paper with various colours of Staz on ink and then applied it to the canvas with modge podge glue. Once it was dry I lightly brushed some black and brown acrylic paint around the edges to create an aged look and there you have it, one mini canvas