Friday, 24 June 2016

Bumper Clean and Simple Post

Hello. Thanks for popping in. Thought I would do a post to share my CAS cards in one large post. Chocolate Baroque have a twice monthly slot to show 15 minute card ideas and here are mine that have all previously featured 

This card is made with Punky Flowers and the sentiment is from one of the clear word sets. I doodled the squiggly lines and stamped the flower and sentiment with Onyx Black Versafine ink. Using a sticky note, I created a mask so that I could define where I wanted to apply the Distress inks and make it look like it is blasting out of the flower.

Another Punk Flowers stamp used over stencilled card. Cut out and layered onto black card.

Dotty stencil placed directly onto the base card and then the sentiment and Punky Flowers stamped over the top.

Here is a selection of Thank you notes that I made with the large flower head stamps. There are six in total and you can buy them as a set or individually. 
I needed to make quite a lot of cards so the design had to be quick and simple so I decided to use the 4 inch Gelli Plate for a quick background stamp.
I covered the Gelli Plate with Distress ink, before applying it to the card stock, then stamped my chosen Flower Head over the top, before adding a touch of colour with Inktense pencils.

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

18th Birthdays

Hi there....Oh dear my blog has been badly neglected, so two posts in two days is a record! I thought I would share the cards I made for my daughter and her friend who both turned 18 recently.

This first card is made with Sheena Douglass stamps and dies. I stamped and masked one of the skulls before stamping and masking the flowers onto glossy card. Once stamped I coloured with brush markers and then added the second stamped and die cut skull. I decided to add flat back gems around the eye sockets and decorated with the stamps that came in the set to create a traditional sugar skull.

The second card was made for my daughter on my trusty Scan n Cut. The last project it made before being traded in for the newest CM900 model...yay!

I welded hearts, flowers and leaves into a heart shape base and also cut out separate hearts and flowers so that they could be decoupaged onto the base. The 18 was cut and glittered and the background was stamped in pink with various swirls and flowers that I had in my stash. White highlight and Crystal Stickles have been added as finishing touches.

Many thanks for taking a peek. I will be back soon.

Julie xx

Chocolate Baroque Challenge 24

Hello. Today marks the start of a brand new Colour Challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog
I have created my card with the mystical Ophelia stamp. I stamped the design onto plain card and coloured with brush markers. The background was created with a ruler, brush markers and a water brush so that the colours could be blended. As usual Crystal Stickles and a white highlighter pen have been used to add highlights.

Here are the Challenge Colours so why don't you join in. For more inspiration pop over the the Challenge Blog here