Thursday, 31 March 2011

90th Birthday

Hello crafters, the card I have for you this evening is one I made for my Aunt who lives in Canada. I cut the 90 on the Cricut and stamped the scroll corner and the birthday sentiment before setting about stamping the wisteria using a selection of green and pink dye ink pads. The card was then mounted onto black card before being attached to the base card. Sorry the post is even shorter than usual but I am really tired and can't think of anything intelligent to write........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Monday, 21 March 2011

Relax It's Your Birthday

This card I have to show this evening was made for a friends birthday last week. I used a Joanna Sheen stamp and coloured it with Promarkers. The sentiment stamped on the flower die and under the image are also from Joanna Sheen. The background was created by applying thin strips of masking tape to the base card and then light green ink was added using a big dusting brush. The bubbles, which you can just see in the photo were added before removing the masking tape and then mounting the design and flower sentiment. The little brown paper flowers were attached using sticky fixers and the centres were glittered with Glamour Dust.

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Va va voom

This card was made a couple of weeks ago for a friend's, sons birthday. I found the car stamp in my stash and think it was a freebie from a magazine. I coloured it with promarkers and mounted it onto black card. The backing paper was created by masking off sections with stickynotes and then stamping the car and colouring with Distress ink. The sentiment and backing paper was then mounted onto black card before being attached to the base card.
That's all folks

Monday, 14 March 2011

Foliage Design

Hello folks, the card I have for you today was made for the current stamping course that I am doing. All the stamps used are from Elusive Images. I started this scene by making masks from torn paper for the hills and then sponging green and brown ink to make the hills. The foliage was stamped next using a selection of green and brown inks and then the tree. I thought the whole scene looked a little bland so I decided to add in the red and yellow flowers to the tree and foliage to give it a lift which I think has worked quite well.
Thanks for looking and will be back soon.

Thursday, 10 March 2011

Stampbord Keyring

This is another project from my stamping course. I wasn't sure if I would have time to do the "homework" this week but this keyring took 10 miniutes so I haven't been given a detention lol. I coloured the 21inch square stampbord with purple memento ink and then stamped the design using teal Staz on. Scratched out some high-lights and edged the piece by sanding it back with a nail file. The hole was made with a crop o dile and then the keyring was attached. Voila!