Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Birthday Girl

This flower girl stamp has been well used for all the girly birthday cards that I have had to make this year. It is a Wild Rose Studio stamp which I coloured with ProMarkers. The background has been stamped with lilac Brilliance ink, then highlighted with a white gel pen. The gel pen acts as a resist so doesn't take on the distress ink colour that I have added using a dry bristle brush.
The sentiment has been cut using a Quickutz alphabet and the hole card has been finished off with a Fiskars punch along the edge of the design which has then been threaded with ribbon. I always try and buy different widths of plain white ribbon and then dye it with Staz-On ink to match my colour scheme, which is what I have done for this card.
So there you have it - two posts in a week, oooh I have come over all faint, think I need a lay down. :-)

Monday, 8 November 2010

Belle Dame - Elusive Images

Hello all, just thought I would show the card I made using my blog candy win from Elusive Images.
I coloured the design with Distress Ink, but instead of applying the ink with a pad I used a large dry bristle brush. I found this to be so much easier as you can build the colour more evenly than using the cut and dry foam. I masked off the lady and then stamped the chandelier so it looks like it is in the background and the stylised flower that is around the edges is also from the same stamp plate.
Really pleased that my comment was randomly picked as the stamp plate is fab. Thanks once again to Glenda and her team at Graphicus.