Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Clarity Stamp Challenge - Flower Power

Hello, thanks for dropping by. I don't have a card today but something made from card instead. The Clarity Challenge this month is titled Flower Power so I decided to take it at its word and make some flowers and a vase for good measure.
After checking with Clarity Stamps that they didn't mind me cutting their stamped images on the Scan N Cut (they are happy if it's for personal use) I set about stamping the individual petals and leaves on two plain white sheets of A4. Then the Scan N Cut cut them all out to save me the job. I brushed blue distress ink over the flower petals and green distress over the leaves. I glued the flowers petals using Pinflair Gel and when they were dry I attached to craft wire to make the stems. The leaves have also been glued to craft wire using Pinflair Gel.
I designed the vase on my Scan n Cut and stamped the sentiment (from Clarity Stamps)before assembling the whole thing together. Just to add a bit of bling I dabbed Crystal Stickles around the sentiment.
Thanks for looking!

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Butterfly Meadow

Afternoon all. The card today has been stamped using Chocolate Baroque stamps and distress ink. I created the background by sponging distress ink onto card and then spritzing with water and drying with a kitchen towel. I then stamped the flowers in a bronze Brilliance ink and then over stamped with a black Versa-fine ink to create a shadow. I then cut the design into three equal strips and mounted onto silver mirri card. The butterflies were stamped onto acetate using black Staz-on and then coloured on the reverse with Sakura Geli pens. I added crystal stickles to the wings and then mounted them on the card with foam pads.

Thanks for looking.

Friday, 7 March 2014

Beaded Heart Canvas

 Afternoon all. Today I have a mixed media canvas to show.
The main heart on the canvas was created by stamping into Sculpey light weight clay and colouring with Perfect Pearls. When it was dry I glued cord around the edge and then stitched some beading to it. The little flowers were also made from Sculpey light-weight clay that I made from a mould and also coloured using Perfect Pearls. The mini hearts were made by die-cutting a mini sizzix die and applying dimensional paste through, which again had been coloured with Perfect Pearls. The background to the canvas has been stamped in clear and then Distress ink sponged over to create a resist along with the dimensional paste being added to the edges and Walnut Distress dabbed over once it was dry. I coloured some cotton lace trim with Distress ink and attached to the front along with a couple of moulded clay flowers and added a stamped sentiment to finish off. All stamps used are from Chocolate Baroque. Thanks for looking!