Monday, 23 March 2015

Spring Birds

Good morning and hope you had a lovely weekend. Today I have another project using the fab Spring Birds rubber stamps from Chocolate Baroque.

I started by sponging Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink on a plain piece of card and then stamped the birds from each of the 3 stamp sets before colouring with Spectrum Noir pencils. I then covered the stamped card with a coat of Acrylic Wax which creates a soft sheen to the card. When the paint was dry I brushed over some Vintage Photo Distress ink which has highlighted the brush stokes left from the acrylic wax.
The stamped sentiment, coloured with Mustard Seed Distress Ink is from the Artistic Expressions  stamp set which I stamped onto card and edged with ribbon from my stash along with the outside of the card. As you can see I have also added buttons to each of the corners for a finishing touch.
Thanks for looking.

Thursday, 19 March 2015

An Easter Thank You

Hello and thanks for stopping by. This card is made with Chocolate Baroque's new stamp sets for Easter, but they have been cleverly designed so that they could fit most occasions.

The inks used are Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio and Shaded Lilac Distress Ink along with blue Vesafine for stamping. Stamp sets used are Floral Eggs, Natural Eggs and the sentiment is from Mackintosh Sentiments

  • The blank egg from the Natural set was inked up with Cracked Pistachio and Shaded lilac and stamped twice. Then the two floral stamps from the floral set were inked up with the Vesafine and stamped over the top. To add some interest to the panel Evergreen Bough and Peeled Paint was brushed around the edges.
  • I coloured a 1cm wide piece of card with Peeled Paint and Evergreen Bough and then stamped one of the floral stamps over the top with the Versafine to make the decorative strip and after glueing to the card I added 3 buttons from my stash.
  • The sentiment was stamped using the Versafine and along with the egg panel, was glued to a layer of card that had been inked with Peeled Paint and Evergreen Bough before attaching  to the base card using silicone glue.
  • To finish off I highlighted a few areas of the design with a white paint pen.
Thanks for looking......

Saturday, 14 March 2015

Spring Birds

Good morning and thank you for stopping by. This is my second post using the fantastic new Spring Bird stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque.

  • This card is 14.5 cm x 14.5 cm and I started by edging the card blank with Pickled Raspberry Distress ink. I then dabbed it with Duo Embellishment Adhesive and when the glue was clear I added silver gilding flakes.
  • I cut a panel of white card measuring 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm and stamped the birds from the Crocus and Daffodil sets using sepia Versafine. Cracked Pistachio Distress ink was then brushed from the edges and worked into the middle.
  • Two die cut circles were cut from white card measuring 8.5cm and 8 cm in diameter. The larger circle has been edged with the Pickled Raspberry whilst the smaller circle was stamped with the bird from the Daffodil set and coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils. Crystal Stickles was added to the flower centres and the underneath of the bird.
Thank you for looking and I will be back very soon with another crafty creation.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Clarity Challenge - Anything But A Card

Hello lovely people. Today I have something a bit different. It's a small canvas that I have decided to enter into the Clarity - Anything But A Card challenge.

  • I started by covering the canvas with yellow acrylic paint and then I sponged Vintage Photo and Barn Door Distress ink through the Ocean Swirl stencil. 
  • Moulding Paste was then applied to the canvas through the Double Bubble stencil and then red, green and pale brown embossing powders were sprinkled over the wet paste.
  • I stamped the Diamond strip using white and then red acrylic paint, followed by the Shard border which I inked up with black Versafine and coloured with alcohol pens.
  • The butterfly was stamped into white Sculpey clay and baked. I then coloured with alcohol pens and added crystal stickles glue.
  • When the moulding paste was dry I heated the embossing powder with a heat gun and then brushed over white acrylic paint with a dry brush and added some green stickles glue.
  • The canvas was finished off by dabbing around the edges with black ink.
Many thanks for stopping by and if you feel like popping back you would be very welcome.

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Chocolate Baroque Daffodil

Good morning everyone! Today I have some exciting news to share, drum roll please......I am now a member of the Chocolate Baroque design team!!!!!!  I am completely over the moon about this as I never thought my creations would be good enough but apparently they are... So I will definitly be blogging on a much more regular basis, so please do come back and check out all the new stuff from Chocolate Baroque.
The card I have today is made using the new Spring Bird Daffodil stamp set and a couple of Crafters Workshop Templates: Viva La Art & Tattered Lace.
The daffodils have been coloured using Distress Markers and the background has been created with the Workshop Templates and Squeezed Lemonade and Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink. I have added bronze gilding flakes for added interest which I glued into place using the fabulous Duo Embellishing Adhesive.
Many thanks for popping by and if you wish to leave a comment it would be very gratefully received.