Sunday 30 August 2009

Flowers again....


Wow, where did the last week go? I have been so caught up with my daughter getting ready to start secondary school in September and sorting out decorating materials for her bedroom this week that blogging or anything linked to the computer has taken a complete back seat. We went to Stonor Park (near Henley, Oxfordshire) today for the craft show that is on over the weekend. We had a great time but the weather was a bit grey, however, I came across an unexpected stall selling rubber stamps hooray! My husband's heart sank as he got into a comfortable seating position for the long wait he had ahead of him :) The stall was called Stampeeze (not sure I have spelt that correctly) and they had a good selection of Judikins stamps so I bought the cube background stamp that the above card has been made with. It goes brilliantly with the Judikins cube that I have already which I think is called Carol's Cube (from Stamp Addicts)I started by stamping the blank square from Carol's cube in each corner using a burnt orange chalk ink and I then stamped the line background from my new cube over each square. I masked off the squares with a post-it and then stamped the bubble design from the new cube. The daisy design from Carol's Cube was stamped onto cream card, cut out and then glued onto the mount board that I had previously coloured with orange chalk ink and stamped the line background around the edges. The middle of the flower has been decorated with gold micro beads. The card was finished off with the outside edges inked with a brown chalk ink. Simples!

No comments:

Post a Comment