Saturday 4 June 2011

Gift Card Bag

Evening peeps. I have something slightly different to share this evening, not a card, but a gift card holder. As part of my daughter's birthday present we gave her some gift cards which on their own are completely boring so I made this little holder to try and cheer them up a bit. I started off with two blank chipboard bag shapes which I got from Craftwork Cards and then covered them with patterned paper. I smoothed the edges with sand paper and then went over them with a silver marker pen. The flower embellishments were cut on the Cricut and a few beads added for interest. I then cut down some small envelopes and stuck them back to back to form the little card holders and then attached either side to the inside part of the "handbag"

I have to be honest and say that I completely stole this idea from Julie Hickey, when I saw her at last years Newbury show, but until now had not had the need to make one.

Thanks for looking, will be back soon with another birthday make.







No comments:

Post a Comment