Saturday 7 January 2017

Harlequin Heart

Hello, happy new year and thanks for popping in as I have an upcycled photo frame to show you. I have used the Harlequin Rose stamp set from Chocolate Baroque which I made especially for Lesley's debut shows on Hochanda.


I started by painting the frame with yellow and green acrylic paint and once dry I added gold gilding wax over the top. To add to the aged look I dabbed specs of black acrylic paint around the frame and smudged them with a cloth.

The heart is made from polymer clay. I rolled out some plain white clay, inked up the heart with black Versafine and stamped into the clay. Carfully remove the stamp, cut out with a craft knife and bake according to packet instructions. Before baking place tiny rolls of silver foil underneath the parts of the heart you want to be raised up.

The background has been stamped with the tassel border stamp and coloured with Distress inks.

Thanks for looking

Julie xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie. Love this and like what you have done to the frame. Bit late but Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Littlelamb and Happy new year to you too!

      Delete