Wednesday 11 February 2009

Stampbord Bracelet & Box

Good morning, for today I have a stampbord bracelet to show you. As you can see it is made using 5 mini 1 inch squares of stamp bord. The holes were made with the big bite and then joined together with jump rings and a bracelet dubery at each end (not sure what the proper term is as it's not a clasp!)

I coloured each panel of stampbord with lavender distress ink and then stamped the tile design (elusive images) with faded jeans distress ink, I then edged each tile with a silver paint pen before covering each tile with glossy accents. When they were dry I attached together with the jump rings.

I made the box to fit the bracelet using a box maker. Before the box was put together I sponged the card with the lavender and faded jeans distress inks. The three tiles are the same stamp used for the bracelet but I have triple embossed some card that has had the corners rounded off and them stamped into the embossing while still hot. As you can see it is a much crisper image than on the bracelet. I think this is because the glossy accents makes the colour bleed. Although it was not intentional to have the blurry image on the stampbord I do still quite like it!

I lined the box with some blue organza type material but the camera flash has made it look really different.

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous, you have made me itch to try something like this, but I doubt if my result would be as beautiful
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete