Wednesday 1 December 2010

Autumn Birthday Card

Hi there, hope you are all well. It's my husband's birthday today so I thought I would celebrate by making a late Autumn card, however I think I should have added a bit of snow and ice as it seems Autumn has come to an abrupt end judging by the ice and snow scattered around the country.
I was really looking forward to using these new stamps which have been designed by Sheena Douglas. The leaf plate is my favourite. I loved creating the colours for the leaves. I used yellow, green and brown Glimmer Mists before stamping onto the dried sheet of paper. I then sponged on some red distress ink to finish off the autumnal leaf look. The main image was stamped using Vintage Photo distress ink, then I brushed water over the image to create a water colour look. I also added some blue and green distress ink to the design to create a bit of depth.
The sentiments were cut using a Quickutz alphabet and then a silver rub on was added to highlight the ridges in the paper. A spellbinders nesting die was used for the centre design.
Hope to be back soon with some more designs. Ta ra...........

No comments:

Post a Comment