Tuesday, 15 October 2013

UTEE Canvas

 Afternoon all, just thought I would post details of the canvas that I had a go at creating at the weekend. I really didn't have a clue how this was going to turn out so started by just sploshing ink and paint on the canvas until an idea came to me. Next I applied some clear glossy accents to the canvas and covered it with a mixture of seed and bugle beads that I had lying around. Think they were a free gift from a magazine.
  Then I used some die cut flowers that I had already made using a die from the Tattered Lace range. I dipped them into clear UTEE so they have a porcelain appearance. Before I attached them to the canvas I stamped some foliage images using green Staz-on ink onto the canvas (from Chocolate Baroque) just using the rubber image pressed directly onto the canvas without the usual mount. (As the canvas isn't a firm surface it is easier to press the stamp without the mount.)
The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque and I stamped onto a Spell binders die cut, which I then covered in clear utee and then cracked. I added a gold wax to the edges for interest. As the sentiment is not completely flat it has not photographed particularly well, but I am sure you get the idea from the image.

Thanks for looking......

No comments:

Post a Comment