Wednesday 10 June 2009

Beaded Stencil Design

I came across this card that I made sometime ago but thought it was worth a look. Looking back at previous posts I have used this stencil before with snow tex paste but this time I have added embossing powder to the paste and then dried with a heat gun. The embossed panel has been glued to a square of white felt which I have stitched around each side to attach a cople of rows of beading. The corners of the card are made in the same way as the main panel but just using part of the stencil. The background of the card has been created by placing the stencil on the card and then dabbing with red a pale blue dye ink with a small sponge dauber. (The same ink was sponged onto the square panel before applying the snow tex paste and embossing powder.)Before attaching the beaded panel to the card I have glued on some sequin ribbon. Once the panel was put in place I finished the corners off with a clear, flat backed gem.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,
    This is gorgeous, such an elegant card, it would make a fab wedding or anniversary card. Have a lovely weekend,
    luv
    En xx

    ReplyDelete