Tuesday 23 June 2009

Bunny Girl!


Afternoon all and what a lovely sunny one it is too. It was my friend's, daughter's 11th birthday last weekend and I made this card for her using a Stamp Addicts New Girl Stamp. The base card is a DL which I stamped around the edge with one of the little accessory flowers that come with the girl stamp. I used peeled paint distress ink and then sponged over some lavender distress ink. I use a cuttlebug embossing folder for the embossed flower panel which was used on a pale lilac cardstock. I sponged over some lavender distress ink to highlight the embossing. I attached two strips of purple gingham ribbon to the panel before attaching to the base card. The Happy Birthday is cut using a Quickutz font.
The cross-legged girl is stamped with black pigment ink and then embossed with black. I have coloured her with pro markers. I like these markers for their brilliant coverage but I really have no idea how to use them properly! The bunny is from the same set as the girl. I stamped it separately, cut it out and stuck it to the picture so that it looks like the girl is stroking her pet. The grass is a stamp that comes in a Scene It set (the church one)designed by Sheena Douglass and I have stamped it using peeled paint distress and then brushed water over the top. The flowers around the girls head have been stamped with an old Whispers flower and vase stamp I had lying around. I just inked up the flower bit with the lavender distress ink and brushed water over it to give a softer finish. I finished off with a touch of diamond stickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment