Sunday 20 September 2009

Happy Anniversary

Hope your weekend is going well, we are off to the Newbury Show today so I thought I would sneak a quick post in before we go as another week has sailed by and no post to show for it.
My husband asked me to make this card for his friends who have been married for 25 years. Wow that seems such a long time, we have just celebrated being married for 16 years, 25 seems way off! This card was made with no frills as you can tell. Simple stamped background using a heart stamp from Elusive Images and silver galaxy ink. The hearts, letters and numbers have all been cut on the Cricut using George and Basic shapes cartridge and the congratulations sentiment was stamped onto plain white card and embossed with silver. 3 little flat back gems have been added for decoration. The silver mirri card on the hearts and the congratulations matt has been embossed with the swirl cuttlebug embossing folder.
I used some fab sticky backed glitter paper for the inside bit of the letters, this worked really well as there was no messy glueing for those pesky little letters.
I now only have two days left of my little temping job so hopefully normal crafting will resume real soon, but then again I do have my daughters bedroom to decorate so maybe not........!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment