Saturday 26 September 2009

Kitchen Towel!!........what?

Odd title I'm sure you will agree, but if you are stuck for a background paper then it needn't cost much, just nip into the kitchen, grab yourself some preferably plain white kitchen towel and you're away. I dabbed the distress ink that I had used for the card across the kitchen towel and then sprinkled with sparkly gold embossing powder, then heated with the heat gun. If you think the towel may absorb the ink too quickly then go over it with some clear embossing ink such as Versamark. I'm sure if you experimented you could create some other fantastic effects.
The flower and the girl's dress which is a Creative Expressions stamp, has been created from a home made paper sheet as well. I swiped a grey and an orange distress inkpad across some heavyweight card and then spritzed with water so the colours merged together. When dry I stamped the image and just cut out the dress. I then cut the flower from the same sheet using a spellbinders die.

No comments:

Post a Comment