Friday 1 May 2015

Clocks - Clarity Challenge Guest Designer Post

Many thanks for popping by. Today is the start of a new Clarity Challenge, titled Clocks. As I was lucky enough to be chosen as the random winner of March's challenge I have agreed to the May Guest Post, so here is my offering.
As you can see I have taken the title quite literally and decorated a clock....
I painted the wooden case with Bora Bora and Mermaid Fresco Finish acrylic paint. The stencils used are the Roseart and Flower Power along with the Pretty Petals clear remountable stamp set used to create the flowers and leaves.
I applied Molding paste through the stencils and then covered with red and green embossing powder. You then need to set aside for the paste to dry completely before heating the embossing powder. I suggest over night as the paste takes ages to dry completely. Once dry I stencilled over the clock with Distress Inks to add the shadowy images between the paste stencilling. I attached a red cord around the edge of the clock with a hot glue gun and then  glued the flowers into place that I had created from the Pretty Petals set. To finish off I dotted some red Stickles glue to the outside edge of the clock face and around the stencil design.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful clock Julie and congrats on being the GDT at Clarity this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very lovely clock julie and well deserving of the Guest Designer Spot here at Clarity Stamp Challenge. I love your attention to detail and your wonderful use of the stencils. Your pretty petal flowers just set it off perfectly. Very inspirational. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete