Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Acetate Flower

Hello, thanks for dropping by. I made this card a couple of weeks ago for a friends birthday. It was super quick to do apart from letting the dries clear glue dry on the reverse of the acetate. The stamps used are both from Anita's and the Happy Birthday is from a set which came from Stamps by Woo. The background stamp on the base card was inked using red chalk ink and I used the same chalk ink to sponge the edges of the base card. The flower stamped onto the acetate was stamped with black staz-on. When the staz-on was dry I flipped the acetate over and sponged some red alcohol ink all over the back, I let it dry for a couple of minutes then added the glue to the whole of the flower before adding the red glitter. When everything was dry I went around the edges of the acetate square with a black Pro-Marker before mounting it onto a square of white card with the brads. A rectangle of black card was attached to the base card with double sided tape and then the acetate flower and white card were attached on top again using double sided tape. The Happy Birthday was stamped onto a strip of acetate and then the alcohol ink was applied to the reverse. It was then attached to a strip of white card using the brads and then the whole thing attached to the base card using double sided tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment