Tuesday 28 July 2009

Safety Pin Bracelet

Drum roll please....Today is my daughter's debut on my blog with her safety pin and bead bracelet. I think it looks wonderful and she has made a brilliant job putting it all together. Katie doesn't share my enthusiasm for papercraft but she quite likes the idea of making things to wear so she had a go at this bracelet. Its just a collection of small safety pins that she has threaded with 5 seed beads each before closing the fastener, then the tops and bottoms of the fasteners have been threaded with black elastic, but alternated with a larger bead. When you have a row big enough to fit your wrist the opposite ends of elastic are tied together.
I wouldn't recommend this for small children in case they fiddle with the safety pins as they could come undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment