Tuesday 21 July 2009

Teacher's Memory Book

Hi all. Today is a milestone in my daughter's life as it's her last day at primary school so I decided to make a mini memory album for her teacher. The picture above is the gift box I made to go with it. The flowers are from Kaiser Craft and have been decorated with green and pink ink and finished off with a button and flat backed gems. The box started out as a plain piece of white card but I sponged pink Brilliance Ink across it and then added a little white Brilliance to tone it down before stamping the Hampton Art Swirls across again in pink Brilliance.


The above picture is the front of the book. The whole book is made from wood blanks from Kaiser Craft which I painted with pink acrylic paint on one side and light green acrylic paint on the other. I stamped the swirl stamp over the front as I did for the box and added a decorative flower. The letters are die cut Grunge Board from Tim Holtz which have been painted with light green acrylic paint and stamped over with a flower stamp with pink ink. Funky fibres, ribbon and a piece of broken necklace has been added to the binder ring.
This is one of the pages inside the book, decorated with Cricut Solutions, Home Accents cartridge, some lacy ribbon, funky fibres, buttons and Kaiser Craft Flowers.
This page has a little pocket for a tag that my daughter has written her message on for her teacher and again a couple of Kaiser Craft flowers have been added. The die cut letters are Quickutz and they have been sponged with Peeled paint distress ink.
There are other pages to the book but I have not added these as they include photos of children from my daughters school.

No comments:

Post a Comment