Thursday 2 July 2009

More Flowers

Hi everyone, hope where you are you are keeping cool, it's certainly a struggle where I am. Anyway on with the card for today. The flower backing paper from Dove Craft has been glittered with Art Institute glue and Glamour Dust sprinkled on top. This was mounted onto some grey card and then stuck to the base card which is a landscape A5. The silver frame has been cut using a sizzix frame and embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. The pleat effect was made with folded strips of pearlescent pink and white paper that has been stamped with a clear flower border (Woodware I think) using pink Brilliance ink. The frame was finished off with some white funky fibres which have been wrapped around it. The large flower has been stamped twice and embossed with silver, cut out, coloured using pink, pearl crystal lacquer for the outer petal and an ivory pearl lacquer for the centre and then stuck to the card using silicone glue. The same stamp was then stamped twice onto shrink plastic, coloured with pink chalk, cut out and shrunk then stuck to the card with silicone glue. I have added some glitter glue to the centre of the shrink plastic flower. I got the flower stamp from a bargain bin at the Newbury show from Friends Stamps a couple of years ago, I think it cost me the princely sum of £1.50!. I am really looking forward to this Saturday as I hope to be going to the Newbury show again, can't wait to search out more bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment