Sunday 5 July 2009

July Graphicus Challenge

Evening everyone, I was lucky enough to visit the Newbury Stamp Show yesterday and came across a lovely lady from Lex Craft Supplies who happened to have Glenda's latest stamps! It was very hard to choose between the three fantastic sets but in the end I chose the Seahorse and shells set. I am really pleased with them and think I will probably be entering more than once this month as I have so many ideas. I chose to work with reds and browns for this card and started by punching a large square from a post-it note to make a mask for the tiled background. I sponged Antique Linen distress ink in the squares, trying to line them up carefully as I went. I then stamped the starfish and shell in each square using sepia Versafine ink. The shell panel was stamped with the Versafine as before but before I started I made a mask of each of the designs (using post-it notes)so I could make the shells look as though they have been stamped behind each other. The shells have been painted with inktense water colour pencils. The panel has been edged with a brown marker pen and then worn lipstick distress ink sponged around the edge. The worn lipstick was also sponged around the tiled background. I found some string in my bits a pieces box so used it to decorate the sides of the panel which was stuck to the card with Glossy Accents.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, the colours are lovely and the string adds that nautical touch. Thanks for entering the challenge.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree with Glenda...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effect with the tiled background.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete